Policies and Terms
Handsome Dolly is a full-service, licensed and insured interstate moving company.
Our goal here at Handsome Dolly is simple: an efficient, safe, stress-free move for our clients. We meticulously blanket-wrap all of your furniture and shrink wrap all leather and upholstered items along with any mattresses. Breakfront Cabinets, Marble Tops, Statues, Mirrors get extra wrapping and protection at no additional charge in all of our relocation packages.
We accept cash, cashiers check and certified check. We can process credit payments through Square or Authorize.net for an additional $25 convenience fee for Interstate Moves only below $1000. For intrastate moves, moves within the state of New York, we do not accept credit cards.
Binding Flat Rate Policy
When we issue you a binding estimate, it automatically includes: truck and travel time, shrink wrap, tape, parking tickets, tolls, meters, disassembly / reassembly of furniture (if applicable), packing services (if requested), COI’s (if required), basic valuation at $.60 /pound, and a commercial bin for loading miscellany or packing framed art. There are no hidden costs with our flat rate binding estimate.
Your estimate is based on your inventory and the services you requested prior to the day of your move. Changes to the job need to be requested 48 hours in advance to ensure that we can accommodate you.
If you need to unexpectedly increase your inventory the day of your move, we will negotiate a new binding estimate on site but only if we can accommodate the additional volume. Flat Rates do no include boxes or packing material for boxes. If you need additional boxes or packing material the day of your move, our price list is below.
Moving Supply List (Including Delivery)
|Book Box||$3.50||1.5 cu. ft.|
|Large Box||$5.00||4.5 cu. ft.|
|Dish Box||$9.00||5.2 cu. ft.|
|Wardrobe Box w/Bar||$20.00||13.4 cu. ft.|
|Packing Paper||$22.00||25 lb.|
Other things that can increase your flat rate the day of your move are: undisclosed flights of stairs; long carries of over 75 feet down sidewalks and/or hallways; and undisclosed basement or service entrances.
By The Hour Policy
For by-the-hour moves, we have a 2 hour minimum. After the initial 2 hours, we prorate by the quarter-hour. Our clock starts when we arrive and stops once the last box is brought into your new home. Tolls and Meters are not included in your hourly rate. As far as parking is concerned, we will find the closest legal spot unless the customer agrees to pay any parking tickets incurred as a result of illegal parking.
- Handsome Dolly LLC offers basic valuation at $.60 per lb for at no additional cost in your binding flat rate. If you want FULL VALUE REPLACEMENT protection you will need to contact us or our partners at Baker International. For more information on Valuation click here.
- If customer requests balcony move or any door / rail removal for an oversized item during move, the customer is liable for any property damages.
- SNOW POLICY: If New York City Schools are closed for snow, Handsome Dolly LLC reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the move with less than twenty four hours notice. If this results in cancellation, Handsome Dolly will refund your deposit.
- HURRICANE / TROPICAL STORM POLICY: If there is a Hurricane or Tropical storm advisory issued by AccuWeather on the day of your move, Handsome Dolly LLC reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the move with less than twenty four hours notice. If this results in cancellation, Handsome Dolly will refund your deposit.
- Handsome Dolly LLC reserves the right to not refund deposits for jobs cancelled or rescheduled less than 7 days prior to the confirmed move date.
- If building requires masonite for floors and hallways there is an additional fee $25.00 per 50 feet installed.
- Payment is due upon delivery. Forms accepted credit, debit, cashier’s check, certified check or cash.
- Crew size: Handsome Dolly LLC reserves the right to choose the number of movers for each job, depending on our current schedule, availability, weather conditions, etc.
Below are documents from the New York Department of Transportation and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association for your perusal and downloading enjoyment.
- NYDOT’S “Summary of Information for Shipper’s of Household Goods
- FMSCA’s “Rights and Responsibilities When You Move”
- Handsome Dolly LLCs Declaration of Items of Extraordinary Value